Current Employment Opportunities
Join Aslan’s team and let’s redefine and shape new norms and standards in water management globally!
Aslan Technologies, a design and manufacturing company established in 1992, is a global water, wastewater and chemical processing solution provider to both developed and emerging markets.
Its turn-key approach and custom design capabilities of potable and process water as well as sewage and wastewater treatment plants has been key in providing solutions in settings where there is little or no existing infrastructure.
Aslan’s abilities to integrate its design, manufacturing and project management with its product development and continuous R&D has resulted in over 2000 installations around the world.
Chemical processing equipment for industrial applications, emergency relief drinking water systems, sewage treatment systems for communities in rural areas and workforce housings worldwide are all designed to be unattended facilities. Only minimal operator oversight and maintenance are required for these types of systems and can be monitored by sophisticated control systems such as PLC, SCADA, equipment networking and integration.
By encompassing all of Aslan’s capabilities under one roof and a thorough understanding of the requirements and budgets of our clients, appropriate solutions are delivered on time as we continue to
Innovate – Design – Build™
Aslan Technologies has immediate “internship” opportunity for a recent graduate to join our team in Burlington, Ontario for one year with the possibility of becoming a fulltime employee. Starting as an Inside Sales/ Applications Engineering intern, this is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate to grow into a sales engineer in the sales department and work with a growing small company in a fast pace environment.
This position works in conjunction with the Outside Sales team to identify and provide reliable solutions for all technical and commercial issues to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process from RFQ to order. As an inside sales person, strong relationships must be established and maintained with customers, vendor partners and Aslan’s staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide direct support to Outside Sales in the ongoing development of existing and prospective customers to ensure growth targets are met
- Answer phone calls and email requests and follow up on potential quotes and opportunities
- Create a tracking log of all opportunities and new leads coming to the inside sales department in chemical equipment and water and wastewater group
- Ensure timely completion of proposals, costing sheets and submittals when required
- Read, itemize components and create proposals for tenders and other complex system projects
- Ability to understand applications, conceptualize and draft a process and select the appropriate equipment
- Work with project managers and engineering to confirm initial design and costing for budget or firm proposals
- Working with Corporate Development team to develop all the required marketing materials including brochures, spec sheets and branding materials
- Develop case studies and white papers based on new installations
- Develop new generation of websites or develop contents for any required updates
- Conduct market research under the direction of the outside sales team developing new markets
- When required, join business development and participate in selected events, conferences and customer meetings
- Assist with selected advocacy work for government relations and PR
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum a Bachelor of engineering from an accredited college or university, ideally a Mechanical Engineering program
- Minimum of 1 year of technical support and customer service experience
- Knowledge of design and engineering principles and applicable design standards related to water and wastewater engineering (primary, secondary, & tertiary wastewater treatment technologies)
- Knowledge of existing and emerging technologies (SBR, MBR, MBBR, RO, and UF, etc)
- Knowledge of sales and marketing
- Experience with WORD, EXCEL, POWER POINT, OUTLOOK
- Customer service-based approach to business partner strategy
- Excellent communication skills (listening, verbal and written)
- Effective selling and negotiating strategies & techniques
- Works well under pressure and with demanding schedules
- A “team-player” mentality and ability to multi-task
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; works outside set boundaries to find solutions to problems
- Strong Interpersonal and organizational skills
- Willingness to learn and develop technical expertise
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Energized by challenges, detail-oriented and intuitive
- Professional demeanor and strong work ethic
- Open-minded, fair, positive, enthusiastic and motivated
- Confident and takes initiative
- Acts with integrity and honesty
- “G” Driver’s license
We thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We offer all candidates the opportunity to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment. Interested candidates could send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]