Current Employment Opportunities
Join Aslan’s team and let’s redefine and shape new norms and standards in water management globally!
Aslan Technologies, a design and manufacturing company established in 1992, is a global water, wastewater and chemical processing solution provider to both developed and emerging markets.
Its turn-key approach and custom design capabilities of potable and process water as well as sewage and wastewater treatment plants has been key in providing solutions in settings where there is little or no existing infrastructure.
Aslan’s abilities to integrate its design, manufacturing and project management with its product development and continuous R&D has resulted in over 2000 installations around the world.
Chemical processing equipment for industrial applications, emergency relief drinking water systems, sewage treatment systems for communities in rural areas and workforce housings worldwide are all designed to be unattended facilities. Only minimal operator oversight and maintenance are required for these types of systems and can be monitored by sophisticated control systems such as PLC, SCADA, equipment networking and integration.
By encompassing all of Aslan’s capabilities under one roof and a thorough understanding of the requirements and budgets of our clients, appropriate solutions are delivered on time as we continue to
Innovate – Design – Build™
Aslan Technologies engineering team has immediate opportunity for a fulltime and experienced biological process engineer to join the Burlington, Ontario office. This is an excellent opportunity for a professional who enjoys working with a growing small company in a fast pace environment and appreciates change, strategic growth and development.
Aslan’s Biological process design team as part of the mechanical engineering design team primarily focuses on water, wastewater and sewage treatment system design and engineering. Some of the key areas of focus are drinking water treatment, wastewater/ sewage treatment and reuse (MBR, SBR, RO, UF, etc.) and assessment of feasibility of biological treatment of selected contaminants as part of our research and development efforts.
The biological design and engineering process group works closely with our municipal and industrial clients for qualification of projects to understand the required treatment or reuse opportunities. The team will then propose the best design considering client’s spec, budget, and operational and maintenance limitations and select the best unbiased membrane or non-membrane based solutions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Applications Engineering and Design
- Develop preliminary conceptual to detailed process design of industrial and municipal water and wastewater treatment systems.
- Design clarifier systems, sequencing batch reactor’s and membrane systems for ultra-pure processes such as ultrafiltration, reverse osmosis, and membrane bioreactor.
- Develop proposals, cost estimation, technical specifications, vendor and contractor prequalification, procurement/tender support and contract administration.
- Conduct process evaluation, process optimization, general hydraulics calculations and equipment sizing and selection.
- Develop process schematics, PFDs and P&IDs to ensure proper functionality and alignment with project requirements.
- When necessary, provide project management support such as planning, scheduling and budgeting.
- Liaise with customers, qualify technical calls, RFQs and review client’s and project’s specifications and instrumentation.
- Answer technical inquiries from clients, manufacturers, reps and distributors.
- Function in leadership role in managing projects, mentoring future growing team and helping to develop new processes.
- Work closely with leadership and project team as a technical advisor to conceptualize treatment processes and innovation through understanding market trends and emerging issues.
- Create and maintain Bill of Materials for major components, source materials for projects and standard and custom designs and conduct part purchasing as needed.
- Develop cost analysis spreadsheets and ensure projects are within budgets.
- Manage projects in alignment with activities of other mechanical and electrical personnel.
- Participate in kick- off and technical review and post mortem meetings with internal staff and clients.
- Coordinate production, quality control and shipping departments to maintain project timeline.
- Put together work order for production and assist them with scope, technical, quality and other clarifications.
- Ensuring project timelines and deliverables to clients are maintained.
- Develop standards product designs, documentation and specification sheets.
- Assist sales and marketing dept with creation of marketing materials and content, graphics, case studies for catalogs and brochures.
- Establish related QC processes and support mitigation of risk related to projects/technologies.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum of 5 years engineering experience with process selection, water and wastewater system design and optimization, construction and commissioning
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Civil or Mechanical Engineering from a recognized accredited program
- Advanced knowledge of design and engineering principles and applicable design standards related to water and wastewater engineering (primary, secondary, & tertiary wastewater treatment technologies)
- Strong knowledge of existing and emerging technologies (SBR, MBR, MBBR, RO, and UF), biological nutrient removal and recovery, nitrogen removal technologies, disinfection and reuse
- Knowledge of wastewater system construction practices & principles, startup and commissioning
- Experience with municipal sector and decentralized community treatment facilities with leading edge smaller scale onsite treatment for water re-use is a plus
- Experience to develop a concise project proposal and cost estimates and possess strong technical communication skills
- Potential participation in national and regional conferences, writing technical articles for publications for conferences such as WEFTEC, etc and presenting as speaker or panelist.
- AutoCad experience with 3D CAD and Solid Works modeling
- Any Process model simulation or electrical experience is a plus
- Experience with WORD, EXCEL, POWER POINT, OUTLOOK and other computer programs is an asset
- “G” Driver’s license
- Excellent communication skills and team player
We thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We offer all candidates the opportunity to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment. Interested candidates could send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]